Your car was an investment, right? Whether you bought your car brand new or used, you want to keep that investment in top shape. So, if the day comes when you want to sell it, the car will still be worth as much as possible. Obviously things like the number of miles on the car and general wear and tear will reduce what the car is worth, or simply driving a new car off the lot, so what can you do to keep your car at the highest value possible, or even increase its value?
The team at Accu Tint loves cars and we love informing our customers on how to keep your car looking great! We offer car window tinting services as well as home and commercial window tinting. Being experts in this industry, we know a thing or two about what makes a car valuable, and also what makes a car less valuable. Keep reading to learn more about increasing a car’s value.
Wax and Polish
Depending on how old your car is, a wax job could go a long way in making your car look shiny and new. After being exposed to years of sun and chemicals, the paint on your car could fade and make it look old. Waxing and polishing the car will help the color look close to what it was when you bought it. Waxing the car may not bring the color back completely, but a shiny car is definitely something everyone wants to look at. And if you’re considering going in for a paint job, this might not give you a return on your investment as much as polishing the car would.
Check the Headlights
When going over the outside of the vehicle, pay special attention to the headlights. Plastic light covers will build up a layer of dust that keeps light from shining as bright as it should. There are several products on the market that will give the headlights a fresh new look. When choosing products, however, avoid using regular window cleaner, these could give the headlights a streaky look.
Check the Rims
One of the many things that a potential buyer will look at are the wheel rims. If you want to find a buyer in the right target audience, consider upgrading the rims for a more modern look. If you don’t want to replace them completely, you should definitely give them a good scrub to make sure they are bright, shiny, and free of any stuck on gunk.
On the Inside
Before you list your car for sale, you’ll want to spend a good amount of time and effort on the inside of the car.
Floor Mats: If you can remove the floor mats, do so. Stepping into a car with mats that have been given a deep clean can make a huge first impression on buyers. If there are ripped edges or holes in the mat, consider replacing them altogether.
Inside Windows: Give the inside of each window a good scrub with a window cleaning made especially for cars. Clean away fingerprints, dog slobber, and anything else stuck on the surface.
- Upholstery or Leather: Be careful that you are using a product made specifically for the type of material in your car. If there is leather in your car, be sure to treat it properly. If you don’t want to spend the time on cleaning the seats, it may be worth going to an auto detailer.
- Dashboard: It doesn’t take long for the dashboard to get dusty and dirty. Give this area a thorough cleaning and continue to wipe it down before a potential buyer gets in the car.
- Corners: There are so many small corners and tight spaces in cars and they are the perfect spots for hair, dirt, and food debris to hide in. Use a vacuum with the right attachment to really get into these spaces.
Giving your car tinted windows has a variety of benefits that a new buyer will look forward to.
- Protection: If there is an upgraded stereo or speakers in your car, a passerby won’t be able to see inside.
- Privacy: Again, a passerby won’t be able to see inside, so you can take a nap (or whatever else) in privacy.
- Lower Cooling Costs: Because the sun’s heat is being blocked, you won’t need to blast the AC.
- Lower Fuel Costs: Not needing to blast the AC will help lower fuel costs.
If you have any questions about increasing the value of your car, or want to learn more about the window tinting services at Accu Tint, get in touch with a member of our team today!